By Aisling Kennedy
This was definitely a tough list to narrow down. Seriously, there are so many fabulously floral bits and pieces out there at the moment it’s hard to choose a top five. However, some ‘must-haves’ have absolutely taken centre-stage this spring season.
Floral patterns and flower pieces can be found on or attached to everything from killer heels to comfy cardigans.
Everything floral also fits in perfectly with the spring-fling mood; think pastoral walks in the sunshine, gingham picnics and rambles through a farmers market for a hazy, romantic pre-summer feel.
The spring/summer2010 catwalks featured an eclectic mix of flowery prints, from Japanese-style silkscreen prints in shimmering gold and burnt amber hues at Alberta Ferretti (pictured) to little explosions of electric floral colour on silk calf-length dresses at Vionnet.
Celebrities rocking the trend include Dita Von Teese in a jungle patterned floral fifties style skirt and Pixie Lott in a bold monochrome flower patterned dress.
‘Slebs aside, my favourite floral pieces for this season are:
1. First up is a statement shoe from Nina Divito’s launch collection, (which will be in Brown Thomas on Grafton St and Kalu in Kildare by the end of March). This particular design, known as the Eddie shoe, is a white Nappa leather court shoe with a large organdy ruby red rose attached to the side of the shoe and a vine detail entwined around the heel. A stylish heel for a glam night out! Prices start at 355 euro.
2. Lipsy are a great brand when searching for that perfect feminine and flirty spring dress. Their VIP Bejewelled dress (pictured) is definitely a winner for this season with its tiered powder pink petals, clinched with a band of black sequins at the waist. Lipsy is stocked in both BT2 and Topshop and they have a shop in Dundrum Town Centre.
3. A pin-on floral bow from Topshop would look great pinned on a boyfriend blazer or even clipped into the hair. The bow in question is a creamy colour and covered in a teeny-tiny multi-coloured flower pattern.
4. At asos.com there is a striking floral print blazer (pictured). Team with a pair of stone washed jeans, a plain tee and a pair of wedges for an edgy daywear look.
5. A baby pink floral lace purse at H&M is a steal for just ten euro. Day or night rock this little gem with almost anything from denim sailor shorts to the staple, little black dress.
Looks like I’ll be digging my beloved, well worn and at least five seasons old floral Betsey Johnson dress out of the depths of my closet. It’s been worn so much I’m surprised it’s still intact, I just refuse to give it up!
All that’s left to do now is to enjoy spring in this season’s fabulous floral designs.Tweet